Thursday, April 14, 2016

Superhero Birthday for a Super Kiddo

What kind of birthday party do you throw for a fun-loving 5 year old boy?

A Superhero birthday.

I tasked myself with putting together a super fun birthday party for my boyfriend's (now) 5 year old son. He loves all things Captain America, Batman, Spiderman, and the like. I knew a natural fit would be something based on Superheros.

I turned to the internet in the search of inspiration for this party. I had only a couple of days to put it all together - I'd say I succeeded.

I started out with a boatload of printables I found online. I wish I could remember all of the places I turned to, but with a Google search you'll be sure to find them.

I cut, pasted, trimmed, and taped my way to this:

Above is the beverage/snack bar. We also enjoyed grilled burgers and brats, potato salad, pasta salad, beans, etc.



I should have taken many more photos to show off the extent of my decorating, but I was running around like a crazy woman!


In the end, it resulted in one happy kiddo.

All of the work that went into pulling this off was 100% worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. There's something about handcrafting this kind of event. When I posted my cupcakes to Instagram (@ksteu) I said that they were "made with love". And I meant it. This little boy and his dad mean so much to me - I love them BOTH.

This weekend, I'll be prepping 2 cakes and 75 cupcakes for my Grandpa's 90th birthday. Stay tuned. I'll be sure to show off those results, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment