Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weightloss. It can be done.

Hey all!

Wanted to quick stop in, say hi, all that good stuff.

The last few weeks have gone by SO darn fast. Work has been keeping me busy, my weekends are spent with Tyler, evenings I've been meal prepping, working out, doing things around the house.

I bought a new car....

Happened to buy it the day before a day of snowy hell. We made it through just fine :)
There's not a whole lot of sitting around going on anymore. Thank goodness. My ass is definitely thanking me. Haha

That brings me to my update. A couple months ago I made the goal to continue on with losing weight this year. The last 6 weeks or so I've been really focusing on it. I make sure to treat myself on occasion, I don't get too down on myself if I "slip up" and I try to keep things fresh and interesting.

Let me tell you. Dieting while dating? It's work. A lot of work. But it really helps having a supportive counterpart cheering you on and it pays off. If you really try, you can make dining out (and treating yourself a little) fit in just fine.

Today, I was down 3.4lbs. So right now, I'm sitting at 12.8lbs down since I started working towards losing weight again.

Some people may think 12.8lbs isn't much. How about 56.4lbs? Because that's how much weight I've lost since I was at my highest.

I'd call that success.

A week ago we celebrated my sister in law's 30th birthday. That included a nice dinner out - including appetizers, steak, awesome sweet potato hash browns, chocolate birthday cake... and cocktails. That week, I stayed the exact same as the week before (not bad considering my dining disaster only a few days beforehand).

I was determined to make this last week count. And I did.

I meal prepped for breakfast and lunch.




Yes, yes. Need the Redd's and Fox Barrel, too.

I went on my first solo walk down at Tyler's (and it was a really pretty walk, complete with albino squirrel sighting). It was cold, and I totally miscalculated the complete uphill walk home.... but I managed.

I treated myself. A little bit.


I am fitting in everything I really want to into my life. And I'm working towards my goal, and succeeding. People think that dieting is an "ender". "There goes your social life." "You're always going to feel hungry." "You'll eventually quit." You're wrong.

Dieting isn't fun. It's a pain in the ass. It's hard work. You WILL cry. You'll get angry. You'll feel sorry for yourself. You'll want to quit. You'll slip up (more than once). You'll get frustrated. But if you stick with it, you will succeed... and you will celebrate.

So today, I'm celebrating those 12.8lbs. Not with food or drink. But I am celebrating by having a great attitude and great motivation to do even more. And of course, going to the gym.

Happy Tuesday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment